Anseye Pou Ayiti envisions an education system in Haiti that affords all the country’s citizens their human right to a high-quality education by promoting teacher excellence and student success. We have a bold vision focused on reimagining the role of high-quality Haitian teacher leaders for the ultimate benefit of all students.
Our MissionAnseye Pou Ayiti (“Teach For Haiti” in Haitian Kreyòl) will raise education outcomes in disadvantaged areas of Haiti by recruiting and training outstanding teachers for existing schools. Transformational teaching and leadership will equip all children with the knowledge, skills, and mindsets to achieve their full potential with equal opportunity, pursue lives of mutual prosperity, and contribute to a more enlightened 21st century world. Click here for video to learn more about our mission from our team, teacher leaders & students!
Core Program Components
- Recruitment: An annual recruitment & selection cycle for Haitian teacher leaders, an all-Haitian mix of existing teachers & new graduates
- Placement: An existing primary school in Haiti (particuarly underserved & rural schools)
- Sustained Leadership Development: Pre-service Summer Immersion training with all selected cohort members (4 weeks), followed by a 2-year fellowship of pedagogical training and leadership development modules, plus individualized coaching
- Alumni Ambassador Leadership Support
Teacher Leader CohortsTeacher leader candidates – all Haitians recruited locally – will be a mix of existing teachers and graduates (including teacher’s college graduates).
A Bold Innovation
- Modeling civic leadership by investing in community-led & grassroots change.
- Rooted in Haitian Culture. Respecting and integrating the assets of what is unique to Haitian culture, community, and customs into our programs.
- Network of “alumni ambassadors” to spread the model, accelerating our alumni’s leadership across sectors of Haitian society as champions of education and civic reform.
- Partnerships! We do not operate in isolation, but rather with strategic public and private partnerships to ensure maximum impact of our model.
- Robust monitoring & evaluation to identify what matters most for student success, both academically and as proud citizens.